Integrity and Professional Standards
Integrity and Professional Standards Branch role in achieving Customs and Border Protection’s Mission is to shape our environment to be resistant to criminal infiltration and corruption, consistently support and reduce border risks with the assurance that the integrity of our staff, information, security and operations are not compromised.
Customs and Border Protection plays a significant role in the National Security and Border Protection environment. Customs and Border Protection staff demonstrate a high level of commitment to ensure the integrity of information, security and operations. Opportunities will present whereby the organisation needs to be resistant to criminal infiltration and corruption and to consistently support border risks with the assurance that the integrity of our staff, information, security and operations are not compromised.
The Integrity and Professional Standards Branch will encourage and foster an environment within Customs and Border Protection that allows and promotes staff to possess the highest standards of ethics and integrity and to allow the organisation and business to be resistant to corruption and infiltration.
The environment will be influenced by:
- a professional standard of investigation relating to criminal or corrupt allegations or matters of serious misconduct
- strategic intelligence and statistical data to identify vulnerabilities and risks associated with criminal behaviour, corruption, infiltration and serious misconduct
- assurance that all personnel are security cleared to hold the appropriate security clearance for the duties they perform
- shaping the environment to achieve high levels of security awareness and maintaining the integrity of our staff, information and operations
- implementation of future strategies surrounding: changes to the Commonwealth Fraud Control Guidelines; recommendations from the Parliamentary Joint Committee Inquiry into the extension of jurisdiction of the Australian Commission of Law Enforcement Integrity Act; the transition of personnel security vetting to the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency.
The National Manager Integrity and Professional Standards Branch, reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
Members of the public, other government agencies and Customs and Border Protection staff can report allegations of misconduct or criminality by Customs and Border Protection staff to Integrity and Professional Standards for appropriate action to be taken.
To contact Integrity and Professional Standards:
(02) 6275 6690
DUTY MOBILE (24hrs)
0407 036 935
(02) 6275 6328
National Manager Integrity and Professional Standards
Speak to an Integrity and Professional Standards Officer in