How it works
SmartGate is a simple, two-step process involving a kiosk and a gate. Step 1, the kiosk, checks if you are eligible to self-process. Step 2, the gate, performs the identity check and clearance.
- Look for the SmartGate kiosk, located in the concourses or at passport control.
- Place your ePassport into the reader and answer standard declarations using the touch screen.
- The kiosk will issue you a SmartGate ticket, which you'll need for step 2.
- Insert your SmartGate ticket.
- Look at the camera while your face is compared to your ePassport photo.
- Retrieve your ticket and when the gates open, proceed to the baggage hall.
- Collect your luggage and go to the Customs and Border Protection check-point.
- Hand in your SmartGate ticket and Incoming Passenger Card.
Click here to watch the demonstration on how to use SmartGate on YouTube (short version).
Click here to download the video (short version).
Click here to watch the demonstration on how to use SmartGate on YouTube (extended version).
Click here to download the video (extended version).